New Mental Health & Wellbeing Podcast by QA Scheme Support Services and NHIC
QA Scheme Support Services have recently launched a podcast series in collaboration with the National Home Improvement Council (NHIC) about mental health in the industry. The series consists of 6 episodes, all of which address mental health in the industry. Each episode is designed to shed light on the mental health challenges faced by tradespeople in our industry and highlight the resources, support, and tools available to installers.
Episodes are set to cover topics such as:
- Mental health support for tradespeople: Why mental health problems exist in our industry; what are the effects on productivity and what support is available.
- Time management: what a healthy work/life balance looks like, how to juggle workloads, the importance of downtime and how to take a break.
- Managing loneliness: Many people in our industry have to work away from home which can be lonely. The statistics shared are worrying, and the episode offers solutions and strategies to help.
- Supporting your team: This podcast discusses the importance of raising awareness within a team, and how to prevent a crisis before it happens through better management and communication.
- Improving mental health and wellbeing: Managing common problems like anxiety and depression; building resilience and what practical steps we can all take for a strong mindset.
- Accessing debt support for financial health: How to take control of your finances to minimise money stress.
Together with special guests, the podcasts explore industry-specific issues whilst simultaneously highlighting the resources, support, and tools available to installers.
Let’s keep talking about mental health together. You can listen to the podcast by clicking the button below.