Formed in 1977, the Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) is the glass and glazing industry’s main trade federation. With over 1,200 retail locations UK-wide, GGF Members display the GGF logo with pride and to show they are part of the industry’s most established trade body.
When you use a GGF Member you are guaranteed to be using a firm that:
- Has financial stability and has been trading for a minimum of 3 years – there are no phoenix companies in the GGF.
- Has been vetted and has premises, products and employees fit for purpose.
- Employs trained professionals to ensure your installation is to the highest technical standards as outlined by the GGF Glazing Manual written by the industry’s leading experts.
- Complies with the GGF Consumer Code of Practice, which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute and has strict requirements regarding the conduct of Member companies ensuring they comply with all relevant consumer legislation. All GGF Member companies are audited on a regular basis to ensure their compliance.
- Offers you free automatic deposit protection using the GGF Deposit Indemnity Fund set up in 1981 – now the industry’s best deposit protection that safeguards your deposit and instalments of up to 50% of the contract value or £12,500 (whichever is lesser).
- Offers you free access to our Conciliation Scheme in the unlikely event of a dispute with a GGF Member company. Rest assured you will not be left alone – the GGF will help resolve the dispute and if it cannot be resolved (very rare), the Glazing Arbitration Scheme is there to help you reach resolution.
- Offers you transferrable warranties – should you sell your property, you can advise the buyer that the guarantee can be transferred over to them by the Member Company who fitted your windows for a reasonable fee.