Over the next few weeks the GGF will campaigning on Members’ behalf your as they step up their engagement with Government on their support for businesses throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
The GGF will be in direct communication with Government Ministers and Departments to campaign for change on the following issues:
- More financial support for the glass and glazing sectors, at least equal to that given to the retail, hospitality, leisure and tourism sectors.
- A reduction in the rate of VAT from 20% to 5% on all energy efficient glass and glazing and on the installation of windows and doors.
- In view of the potential lockdown and isolation, that installers and glaziers are included in the “essential workers” category, to access homes where energy efficient measures are paramount to making their homes healthy, safe and secure.
- Requesting that the Government opens up more channels to ECO funding to ensure homes are made healthier (currently the only route is via TrustMark)
- To grant GGF Emergency Glaziers the same status as all emergency services during any lockdown, curfew and/or isolation periods
The GGF will be using its political advisers and communication channels to ask for these changes to be made with immediate effect as companies UK-wide struggle to cope with the dramatically changing business environment.
The GGF has also set up a new COVID Business Continuity Support for Members which includes regular updates and new section in the Members area of the GGF website which will house all the relevant information and guidance as and when the GGF publishes/distributes it to Members.
To visit the GGF Business continuity Support section please click here https://www.ggf.org.uk/covid-19/