The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) was recently awarded a £50,000 grant from Government to help companies through Brexit.
This Government funding was welcomed by the GGF, not just as a financial boost but also because it clearly shows that the Federation is the go-to trade body for Government on all things glass, glazing and fenestration.
The GGF Brexit readiness campaign is already well underway with the launch of the new GGF Brexit Hub, a GGF Brexit digital campaign that includes social media and search engine marketing.
James Lee, GGF Director of External Affairs commented, “With so many changes happening and yet to happen in the entire Brexit saga, it’s been difficult to keep track of events as they seem to change almost by the hour at times. There now seems to be a direction and the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union now appears to a case of when and not if. We are therefore putting the digital platforms and communication channels in place to inform the industry on the changes that will affect our industry.”
The GGF’s Brexit Readiness Plan
New Brexit Hub
The new “Brexit Hub” has been launched on the GGF website. This is entirely free to visit for both GGF Members and Non-members alike, with no log-ins required.
The Brexit Hub consists of key information, documents and the latest news on the issues affecting our industry, as and when the UK exits the European Union.
Visit the new Brexit Hub: www.ggf.org.uk/brexit-hub
Brexit Awareness Brochure
The GGF has produced a 16 page Brexit information and guidance brochure this is being distributed to thousands of companies in the industry.
Continuing to Inform the Industry
As the GGF receives relevant information from technical meetings, standards organisations and government departments and news alerts we will cascade information in the following ways:
• Breaking news via the GGF “Members First” newsletter
• Via content updates uploaded onto the GGF Brexit Hub and GGF news pages
• Information and discussions at GGF Regional meetings (over 30 per year across the UK) and at Specialist Technical Group meetings (approximately 60 per year)
• Via social media and links back to the new content on the GGF Brexit Hub
• Via the trade media with regular press releases on any changes
Though Brexit may happen fairly quickly, the implications of the withdrawal from the EU and further changes, are likely to continue for some time. We therefore suggest all companies prepare themselves for a significant period of change in the trading environment.
Use the GGF to stay ahead
• Access to the GGF Brexit Hub is completely free and does not require any log in details
• GGF regional or technical meetings are open to all GGF Members to attend free and non-Members can attend at the discretion of the Chairperson of the respective group.
• Use our technical hotline and consultancy services
• The GGF technical library of over 90 publications is fully accessible with free downloads for all GGF Members. Non-members can obtain this information via the GGF shop http://shop.ggfmembers.com/
• Follow the GGF on social media:
Steve Rice, GGF Managing Director added, “The GGF is doing its utmost to help our industry through these extraordinary times. Our technical experts are involved in regular discussions with standards committees and Government departments to ensure companies are given the best possible advice. We advise all companies, to use our new Brexit Hub which will continue to be updated as changes happen, as and when the UK leaves the European Union.”