From tomorrow (20.11.2020) at 6pm, COVID-19 restrictions in parts of Scotland will move from Level 3 to Level 4 and with changes being implemented that will impact companies in the following areas.
The City of Glasgow, Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, East Dunbartonshire, West Dunbartonshire, North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, East Ayrshire, South Ayrshire, Stirling and West Lothian.
Please see below the new Level 4 guidance that will be in place for three weeks from 20 November 2020.
Working in over peoples homes
Tradespeople should only go into a house in a level 4 area to carry out or deliver essential work or services, for example:
- to carry out utility (electricity, gas, water, telephone, broadband) safety checks, repairs, maintenance and installations
- to carry out repairs and maintenance that would otherwise threaten the household’s health and safety
- to deliver goods or shopping
- to deliver, install or repair key household furniture and appliances such as washing machines, fridges and cookers
- to support a home move, for example furniture removal
Safety when working in someone else’s home
When working in someone’s house tradespeople should stay 2 metres apart from the people who live there, wear a face covering and follow good hand and respiratory hygiene.
The following essential retail can remain open, All other non-essential retail will be expected to close.
- homeware, building supplies and hardware stores,
Face coverings should be worn in the following places but not limited to:
- any indoor communal area
- in a workplace, and
- where there are no measures in place to keep persons separated by either a partition, or distance of at least two metres,
Note: “communal area” means an area where persons mingle or gather, such as:
- staff rooms
- training rooms
- changing rooms
The GGF will continue to monitor this situation and will ensure Members are kept up to speed on any further changes in Scotland, the rest of the UK and Ireland.
If you have any questions please email James MacPherson, GGF Health, Safety and Environment Manager by email email@example.com