The Government has now activated the process for complying with Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) UK by activating the “Start Button” on government website.
The ‘Comply with UK REACH’ system can be used by business to fulfil their transitional provisions and create new registrations. The new system enables the UK to make decisions on regulation of chemicals that are based on the best available scientific evidence, ensuring that chemicals remain safely used and managed.
Businesses will be able to use the Comply with UK REACH IT service to:
- Validate existing GB-held EU registrations (‘Grandfathering’);
- Submit downstream user import notifications (DUIN);
- Submit new substance registrations;
- Submit new product and process orientated research and development (PPORD) notifications.
Businesses will need to contact Health and Safety Executive to ensure that they:
- Validate existing UK-held product and process orientated research and development (PPORDs).
- Provide information on any authorisation matter, including new authorisation application, grandfathering of existing authorisations, and downstream user notifications of authorised uses.
Click HERE to go to the HSE guidance
Businesses based in Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) will need to need to follow UK REACH regulations to manufacture, import, sell or distribute chemical substances or mixtures. The ‘Comply with UK REACH’ service can be used to:
- Transfer your EU REACH registration into UK REACH (also known as ‘grandfathering’) to continue having access to the GB market.
- Submit a new registration for a substance.
- Notify that you’re going to continue importing substances from the EU or European Economic Area (EEA) by submitting a Downstream User Import Notification (DUIN).
- Transfer your assets, such as registrations, to another legal entity.
Click HERE for the government guidance on “How to Comply”
The guidance sets out information on:
- Before you start;
- UK REACH for GB businesses;
- UK REACH for NI businesses;
- GB held registrations: ‘grandfathering’;
- EU held registrations: GB downstream users;
- Tonnage band deadlines;
- EU market access for GB business;
- Importing from the EU to GB;
- Joint registrations;
- Substance groups;
Click here to ‘Comply with UK REACH’