Criteria for becoming a GGF Member
Companies applying to join the GGF will need to pass the Federation’s strict vetting procedure, which will include a site visit to the company’s premises.
To become a GGF Member, your company must:
- Have been trading in a glass-related field for at least 3 years. If you have been trading for less than 3 years, you may apply to join the GGF Promotion Programme.
- Be financially sound as evidenced by the company’s accounts
- Have suitable business premises
- Have adequate personnel to conduct your business efficiently
- Be working to Standards that meet the Federation’s technical and commercial requirements
- Provide three trade references to be taken up by the Federation
- Sign up to and comply with the GGF’s Consumer Code of Practice and Customer Charter if the company sells direct to consumers
- Subscribe to the GGF’s low-cost Deposit Indemnity Scheme to protect deposits if the company deals with consumers and takes deposits
- Sign up to the GGF GLASS Charter Health and Safety Initiative for the industry and its Merit Scheme
- Agree to display the GGF logo on the Company’s website, stationery and other advertising material, with a link to the GGF website via the logo
- Agree that your Company’s conduct will be monitored
Notice of new applications to join the Federation are additionally posted in Member newsletter Newswire to give current GGF Members the opportunity for comment.