Terms and Conditions – Site Inspections
- All prices quoted are net of VAT, where applicable VAT will be charged in accordance with rates current at the time of invoice.
- The rate(s) quoted are based on the schedule of works contained in the quotation, any additional works required will be quoted separately and charged accordingly.
- On acceptance of a quotation by the client, an invoice will be raised by the GGF in accordance with the quotation.
- Payment terms: 50% of invoice value (excl. VAT) to be paid in advance of any arrangement being initiated
- On receipt of cleared funds (cheque, bank transfer, credit/debit card) arrangements will be made to carry out the scheduled works
- On completion of works, the balance of invoiced amount including any VAT applicable is to be paid (cleared funds) prior to the release of the results of the
schedule of works
- The Glass and Glazing Federation reserves the right to cancel any quotation without penalty,within seven working days of receiving acceptance of the quotation from the client.
- Site inspections will normally take place within 15 working days, subject to site availability, although at busy times a request to extend this can be made by the GGF with an expectation of this being granted.
- Other consultations will commence within the time-frame agreed at the time of acceptance of the quotation.
- On completion of the scheduled works and receipt of cleared funds for the balance of the payment due, the results of the inspection and any other relevant reports will be issued by either electronic or printed means at the choice of the client.
- The Glass and Glazing Federation will take care to ensure, to the best of its knowledge, that the information /opinion given will be accurate to the extent that it relates to matters of fact or accepted practice or matters of opinion at the time it is given, no responsibility can be accepted for any errors in or misinterpretation of such data or information or loss or damage arising from or related to its use.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer, cheque or credit/debit card. Glass and Glazing Federation, 40 Rushworth Street, London, SE1 0RB
Tel: 0207-939-9100 Fax: 0207-357-7458 e-mail: email@example.com
- Following receipt of the relevant report(s), the client may request clarification on one occasion without further charge. This clarification may involve more than one issue.
- Inspectors will hold the relevant qualifications or have suitable industry experience to carry out the schedule of works required.
- Inspectors will hold Professional Indemnity insurance to a minimum level of £500,000.
- Inspectors will hold Employee and Public Liability insurance to a minimum level of £1,000,000
- Inspectors will be responsible for supplying the appropriate PPE and carrying out risk assessments and provide method statements if appropriate associated with the works they will carry out.
- Inspectors will provide the necessary tools and equipment (except access equipment) to enable them to carry out the schedule of works they are employed to undertake.
- If required, all access works and/or equipment, de-glazing and re-glazing works to be provided by the client or their agent.
- All verbal and written reports will be only to the Client unless otherwise agreed by the Client (in writing for written reports).
- All intellectual property rights in all material which Inspectors produce remain in their possession, unless transferred, in writing, after all outstanding invoices have been paid.
- All contracts between the Glass and Glazing Federation and the Client shall be governed by the laws of England and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- At no time will the Glass and Glazing Federation agree to a contract that is subject to another country’s laws.
- At all times only the Glass and Glazing Federation’s Terms and Conditions will apply.