Part of the Melia Hotels & Resorts Group since 1999, Melia White House is situated in a striking Grade II listed Art Deco building close to London’s Regent’s Park.
Opened in 1936 as a luxury apartment building, it took seven hundred men less than a year to build it. With great facilities open to non-residents too it became known as the White House Club in the closing years of the 1930s. During the Second World War, the distinctive shape of the building meant it was used by the Germans as a compass and was consequently never bombed. In 1959, work started on transforming the apartment block into a luxury hotel which became the centre of the Swinging Sixties scene with many prominent guests.
Following discussions with Camden Planning, the Clement EB24 range of new steel windows with welded G+ multi pane system was installed. In total nearly 800 windows were installed in two phases requiring the Clement team to work to an exacting schedule.
Kevin McEnteggert of interiors and fit-out specialists Corley Woolley commented:
“Clement’s slick manufacturing process and the skill set of the installers ensured the contract was completed ahead of schedule and to a very high standard of finishing, resulting in an almost snag free hand over to a very happy client.
Due to the success of phases 1&2, we are in the process of negotiating phase 3 works. Clement Windows will be working with us once again.”